Friday, October 24, 2008

Wedding Shawl, machine knit tuck lace

My oldest daughter is getting married so I thought I'd make her a nice shawl, you cant really see it in the pictures but there is a silver thread running with the white thread. I used an old baby blanket pattern developed back before ribbers and patterning cams I'm sure as there was a lot of hand manipulation to pull three strands through three strands all the way up for six columns of sts.


You can see I deliberately killed the yarn so it would drape and for picos on he edges, I hope she likes it.

The pattern is formed by leaving several sts out of work across 100 needles on the bulky machine, knit plain for 170r and then latch up the six columns, then knit another 170r and do the same. I crochet cast off so I could have a nice edge to hang fringe, but I like the pico ends so much I decided it doesn't need anymore finishing.







I will take photos at the wedding and post them, hopefully it will show up better than it does on my bed spread.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: